Monday, January 10, 2011

Carrots and apples oh my!

Today I juiced 2 bags of carrots and 10 apples. It makes about 2 quart jars of juice. The boys love love love it when we juice, they love the noise of the juicer and they love watching how it "eats" the fruit. I had only gotten 5 carrots nicer when I had all 3 p's begging for some fresh juice. I of course couldn't say no, it's great that they love fresh juice it's so good for them. And it will help them get over there nasty colds.

I've tried to get them to drink carrot juice that we bought at the store,that was just plain gross. It tasted nothing like the fresh carrot juice. So now we stick to juicing our own fresh juice. Today I mixed some of the carrot with some organic red delicious apples just to give the juice a different taste. Mmmmm it is delicious!!
For now I'm using a Breville juicer that I got really cheaply off of eBay. But I would love to eventually buy a slow juicer since it doesn't break down the juice as much and doesn't oxidize it as much as my Breville does. If you haven't tried juicing you need too! There is no way to describe how amazing fresh juice tastes!

Have a great night!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. what different juices do you make? maybe I will have to do this. I've been looking for easy ways to get the kids the fruits and vegetable servings they need. Neither of them is big on veggies anymore, they loved them as baby food but now that it's time to grow up they don't like to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite juice is fresh apple juice you haven't had great apple juice till you try fresh apple juice it tastes almost like apple cider minus the bite. We really try to avoid juice unless we have juiced it ourselves because I like knowing what they are drinking. The flavors of fresh juice is way different then the sugared up fruit drinks you buy in the store.
    I got my juicer off of eBay for about 40.00

    ReplyDelete